SENIOR RECRUITING PROGRAM SPECIALIST
RECRUITING · October 16th, 2020
Supercharge Your Support Staff Hiring With 2 New Tools
Recruiting talent for your practice is about more than finding a qualified candidate – it’s about finding a qualified candidate that compliments your unique culture, team, and clients. That’s why NVA’s Recruiting team continues to develop a range of robust resources to help hospitals connect with veterinary professionals, including talented support staff.
As part of that effort, we have recently developed two new tools to help supercharge your practice’s support staff hiring: a Self-Service Hiring module and a Veterinary Technician Recruiting Service. These new services are available to all NVA hospitals, in addition to recruiter-supported hiring.
Self-Service Hiring Module Gives You Control
The Self Service Hiring module allows your practice to easily post any job requests — CSR, groomer, technician, pet assistant, and more — to the NVA Careers site and numerous aggregator job boards. No more posting to (and paying for) multiple job-search websites individually.
This feature, which rolled out in September, comes with several benefits — at no cost to your practice.
- Any job posted to the Self Service Hiring module will automatically be featured on the NVA Careers site.
- After you post those jobs, they will also appear on numerous additional sites such as LinkedIn and Indeed.
- Candidates can easily apply online.
- Hiring managers can view applicants and manage the hiring process digitally.
To get started with the Self-Service Hiring module, site leaders can request access and view resources such as an online training video and a recorded demonstration on the NVA Recruitment Resources page. This page also includes a link to request support.
Technician Recruiting Service Helps You Reach More Candidates
Starting this week, our General Practice, Equine, and Specialty+ER hospitals will be able to partner with the Technician Recruiting team to increase awareness and outreach to candidates for technician positions.
The Technician Recruiting Service is different from our DVM recruiting model; your hospital will still be responsible for posting ads and for the full interview cycle. However, this service will increase awareness of NVA hospitals as an employer of choice for technician talent using a combination of approaches.
- Hiring managers will need to post technician openings using the Self-Service Hiring module.
- NVA will promote opportunities at technician schools, virtual and on-site conferences, and continuing education events.
- The NVA technician recruiting team can also consult hiring managers on how to write compelling job ads, best practices for ad placement and social-media marketing, interview tips, how to make an offer a candidate can’t refuse, and more.
The NVA recruiting team recently held several informational webinars about the Technician Recruiting Service. For recordings and more details, please visit our NVA Recruitment Resources page.