NVA COMPASSION-FIRST · April 15th, 2022
Animal Emergency & Referral Associates Celebrates New Facility
Animal Emergency & Referral Associates (AERA) in West Caldwell, N.J., celebrated the opening of its new specialty and emergency hospital last month. The 47,000-square-foot facility will allow AERA to offer expanded services to better meet the needs of its community.
Founded in 1977, AERA features specialty teams in 24/7 emergency and critical care, anesthesiology, cardiology, dentistry, oral surgery, internal medicine, neurology, soft tissue and orthopedic surgery, diagnostics and radiology. The new, state-of-the-art facility features:
- 21 department-specific exam rooms
- Separate feline waiting area and ICU ward
- A client-facing pharmacy
- A surgery center with five surgery suites
- A dedicated critical care/ICU suite
- Minimally invasive surgical and scoping capabilities
- Independent bacterial and respiratory isolation wards
- An on-site linear accelerator for radiation oncology therapy
- Advanced on-site diagnostics, including CT and MRI
- An indoor dog walk area
- A conference center for continuing education and community events
About 65 people, including West Caldwell Mayor Joseph Tempesta Jr., city council members and members of the local veterinary community, attended the grand opening at the hospital’s continuing education center. The event, sponsored by Hill’s Pet Nutrition, Antech Diagnostics and Sound Imaging, Wedgewood Pharmacy, Elanco and Hamilton Pet Meadow, included tours, refreshments and prize drawings.